- Therapists Beyond Borders helps provide therapy services to communities in need
- They partner with local communities to create sustainable programs
- Performance Health is a proud supporter of Therapists Beyond Borders
- Learn how you can help too!
What is Therapists Beyond Borders?
Therapist Beyond Borders is a non-profit organization that partners with communities around the globe that need therapy services.
Learn more about this amazing organization!
- What types of Therapists are part of this program?
- What is the goal of Therapists Beyond Borders?
- How exactly does Therapists Beyond Borders work?
- How does Performance Health help?
- How can you help?
What types of Therapists are part of this program?
Physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, therapy assistants, and therapy student volunteers all help carry out the therapy programs to increase knowledge in positioning, feeding, transferring, communication, daily living skills, and more.
What is the goal of Therapists Beyond Borders?
The goal of Therapists Beyond Borders is to propel the human right of potential. To do this, they create sustainable therapy programs that continue to aid the community, even after the volunteers have left. The organization partners with communities that have expressed a need for therapy services to co-design programs. Then Therapists Beyond Borders physical, occupational, and speech therapy volunteers carry out the programs until they can be locally sustained.
How exactly does Therapists Beyond Borders work?
Therapists Beyond Borders follows these 5 steps to success:
Step 1: Therapists Beyond Borders selects & evaluates partner sites that have expressed a need for therapy services
Step 2: Co-designs therapy programs based on a functional, interdisciplinary approach to meet each site’s unique needs by doing assessments to identify priority areas for physical, occupational, and speech therapy
Step 3: Starts training caregivers and on-site therapists
Step 4: Expands training to include local therapists, local therapy students, and other community members interested in the therapy field
Step 5: Success! When the community has taken ownership of the site, has the skills, financial and human resources to sustain it and wants to continue on their own, the Therapists Beyond Borders organization and local community have succeeded!
The program can then begin again in a new site to reach more communities that need therapy services!
How does Performance Health help?
Performance Health is a proud supporter of Therapists Beyond Borders, with employees participating in events like their Global 5k. Learn more about how Performance Health offers support in this article!
How can you help?
- Learn more about volunteer support positions at https://therapistsbeyondborders.org/join-the-team/
- Therapists Beyond Borders holds a yearly global 5k event, learn more at https://therapistsbeyondborders.org/event/global-5k-2021/
- Make a one-time donation: Learn more at https://therapistsbeyondborders.org/donate/
- Make a monthly donation, depending on the chosen amount receive a t-shirt and/or mask: Learn more at https://therapistsbeyondborders.org/passport-to-potential/
- Join Performance Health in supporting Therapists Beyond Borders. Performance Health is matching donations up to $25k if you donate using this link https://secure.givelively.org/donate/therapists-beyond-borders-inc/performance-health-therapists-beyond-borders
1. Therapists Beyond Borders. (n.d.). How We Work Therapists Beyond Borders Was Born Out of Equal Parts Frustration and Inspiration. Therapists Beyond Borders. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/3m40pRZ
2. Stanley, L. (2020). A Note From the Founder 2020. Therapists Beyond Borders. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2Y3wjWL
Medical Disclaimer: The information provided on this site, including text, graphics, images and other material are for informational purposes only and are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other healthcare professional with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your condition.